Catwonsports

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

charting new territory

A few weeks ago, I mentioned that “maybe” I might want to try a cyclocross race, and marscat promptly said she would give me a clinic. “OK”, I think. She had clinics with mentors such as AndyJM, Ben JM, AnnF and other really experienced mentors. I get Marscat. Oh well…I ought to be more thankful.

But this weekend, I saw there is finally a race for women Cs that does not include the other women. The reason that this is a good thing and why I might actually race is because Marscat and I have to share. The other races never seem to work out since we only have one of everything. I will have to wear her shoes which used to be my shoes and I will use her bike which used to be Cheryl’s bike. So, I am a little excited. The race is early so I can do a long ride afterwards and still work on my road base and maybe get a sundae. And, if I try now when no one is around to watch how terrible I will be, I might be able to do the costume race at the Velo Bella race and not feel so anxious.

14 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger marscat said...

My clinic schedule:

Endos 101
Endos 102
Advanced Endos

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

any sand crossings in your clinic marscat?

ippoc! can't wait to cheer you on. morgan's race is right after the c women so we'll be there all day.

so much fun!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

oh no nerves, people I know and Lauren: am I racing with your kid? p.s. I won't have sandwiches before my race.

marscat: what about the sand, I might need to practice that?

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

i just crash like my cats do.

drop everything and look away with a "i meant to do that" look

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger EB said...

Yay! That sounds like fun.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Velo Bella said...

why don't you have your own shoes?

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger marscat said...

Sand crossings will be covered in Advanced Endos.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger X Bunny said...

sand essentials from the expert on everything she's not an expert on:

1. go fast
2. keep your front end light
3. shut off your brain

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger X Bunny said...

come to the surfcity clinic!!!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

I gave my shoes to Marscat because she likes free things and I hated them. They were bad shoes, and they would not clip in. Of course, it was their fault not mine.

Crashing...ok, I make that be a fun thing since it will happen. But the kitties are so low to the ground and they don't have shoulder blades so nothing gets broken.

Thanks Buny for the sand tips. That clinic sounds fun.

Is Panda gonna be there too?

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

Bunny...

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger EB said...

Perhaps...if I can find a bike. Where/when?

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

when is your clinic marscat?

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

Panda: the race is the Pilarcitos cyclesports series. Sunday's race is at Sierra Point.

Lauren-we had a clinic yesterday up at Sibley, and Marscat brought her portable barriers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home