Catwonsports

Thursday, April 17, 2008

so much for the Q.o.t.W.

Went to Sea Otter yesterday and rode a little bit. I was hungry before the ride but wanted to get it out of the way and would eat later. After the ride, there was nothing open, but there were lots of signs advertising future food. Big bummer. Saw a guy eating an ice cream and begged him for one. I had to settle for a B&J's. I'm not much of an ice cream eater, and I could have easily eaten a bag of ruffles or something salty. But beggars can't be choosers, and this ice cream did the job and curbed the hunger.


Saw this creature on my ride. I was a bit anxious taking this picture, but thankfully, it didn't chase me. First time seeing one of these in the person. Pretty cool. Hope Minnie & Daisy aren't jealous that I have another kitty on the blog.


13 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how cool!!! i've never seen a mountain lion on my rides...

glad you took the pic, sooo neat!

thanks for sharing :-)

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

I think it's a bob cat...they are smaller...I would be afraid to take a pic of a mountain lion since I think they will chase you or attack or something

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Itinerant Rick said...

Definitely a bobcat (I used to be a working field biologist). Cool animals.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Doesn't a bobcat have a short, stumpy tail? Either way, it would be a bit unnerving for me to stop and take a photo....but glad you did. :-)

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

it did have a short stumpy tail...very cute

Do bob cats chase people? This one just stated at me nut not in a menacing way.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

stared

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger marscat said...

i think he was thinking -- is that all there is to eat?

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

he's so skinny...it's hard out they for bcat....

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a big bob cat!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

did you see him on Barfboy? We sight a bobby there all the time. He's very cute sometimes he'll sit on his haunches and watch peeps ride by.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

yes, bobby was on barfboy...and he did look a bit friendly

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger EB said...

Cute! You don't need a QotW when you have the other kind of PotW (Photo of the Week). There's one who lives on Pinehurts, too, but he didn't look so friendly (more hungry).

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

Panda really? I have never seen him/her yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home