Catwonsports

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

much more than this


much more than this
Originally uploaded by Ippoc Amic
but who is counting? Plus, there are some steps that I didn't get credit for because the battery was dying. This ped thing seems dumb, but I think it will help motivate me not to nap.

This accident was a big bummer, but it has made me realize how much I have to be thankful for. I'm lucky that the injuries will heal in time. My cracked helmet was new and strong and prevented a head injury. My mobility is progressing each day.

But most of all, so many people have come to help out Nurse Enid and me and many have offered their help. This has been very appreciated by us. I am not one to really ask for help or reach out when it's needed just because I am self conscious about it. But we haven't had to ask, the offers are just there, and we have needed it.

Sabine and Donna made me feel less scared as I was lying on the track for those long minutes. Pete came and fed the cat braving Minnie's messes.

All the cool friends who offered well wishes and who offered to drop by if we needed stuff. Sabine, Donna, and Harvey dropped by and kept us company. The super great Bella Beams from the Velo Bella team. Michael and his very touching post. Beth for the super cool photo that will remind me of the good parts of this racing season. Maria, Cindy, and Renee who brought us food. The thoughtful emails from some of the riders in our race. And, Ali for trying to get me addicted to the Ici ice cream again.

And of course my lovely wife life partner Nurse Enid. I love you and all that you do for me. I cannot imagine how this event would have been without you by my side. Yes, bed pan and all.

Thank you all so much for everything.

9 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger marscat said...

we are lucky to have such good friends.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

you have such a good attitude. that's a big part of it too.

you both are so sweet.

i'm glad you're feeling better and healing well.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

ok ... 'wife' comment made me cry a bit.
m

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger teamwelliver said...

nice people always have lots of friends to help them through crap.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Allison Krasnow said...

your "try" comment implies that i might not be successful. they had bourborn ice cream tonight...

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger marscat said...

she got me with the wife comment too

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Lovely Linda,
Bed pans suck. When I had my broken pelvis, I never did get the hang of actually peeing in the thing. Many, many sheet changes followed. I'm glad you are home with wifey/nurse. You two are quite the team. It was really scary seeing your bike airborne with you on the track. I am looking forward to seeing you back on the bike soon.
Best,
Pam

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger jen said...

awwww, yay for nurse enid :-)

glad you're doing okay. keep up the steppin' and hope you feel better soonest!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger suenago said...

the worth of a friend is not what they can do for me, but what I can do for them

its all in the giving....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home