Catwonsports

Friday, January 30, 2009

not exactly what I had in mind

Erika thought when we were asked about Minnie's paw that it would be a chopped off body part. Like a rabbit's foot, I guess.

I loved seeing his paw prints all over everything. I once got not so secretly upset with a friend for washing my truck windows and cleaning off all his smudges.

So when the doctor asked if we were interested in a paw print, it was a no brainer. Absolutely, yes, I'd like a paw print and his ashes. I had wrestled with the latter for a long time and concluded that burying Minnie wouldn't work since we might have to move someday. I thought of burying him in places we go to often, but Fonda's was out and Tunnel Road was too far away from me for him to be.

Erika picked up Minnie yesterday. His
ashes were in a box with a small
lock on it. The keys were hooked to the lock. I peeked in, and it was ashes in a little baggie. And the paw print, well, it didn't really look like Minnie's. It looks like a dog paw. There was also an embossed fancy rememberance card addressed to Landa Locke.

Who knows, I might be glad that I have these things later on, but right now,
they are all a bit weird.

10 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

oh sweetie! I didn't know Minnie was gone. hugs to you both!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I'm so sad. what happened?

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger chatterbox said...

Wow, I'm sorry that things were not handled with proper care. That's not what you need when you're sad. Hugs.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

Minnie got cancer and we couldn't make him better. We had to let him go.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Allison Krasnow said...

so sorry.
hugs to you all (including landa)

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

thanks Ali. that's funny.

Sarah-not so badly handled just different than expected

 
At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we have maggie's paw print and ashes. we only have moosh's ashes. wish we had his paw print. it's actually nice when I'm going through the bookcase for whatever reason, i can run my hand over the paw print and feel close to her. (sob.) I still miss her.

How's Daisy doing? I'm sure she misses him.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger X Bunny said...

landa & enid

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger jen said...

aawww :-(

landa and enid does make me laugh, tho!

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

today, daisy just got word that her blood tests came back fattastic....Daisy is missing him and cries at the stairs. we try to comfort her, but it's been through food so that's not good. little miss daisy is on a strict diet since the vet said she was like a 5'0'' woman weighing 300 lbs.

landa and enid...laughing is good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home