Catwonsports

Saturday, September 30, 2006

another season begins

Seems like fall now: sort of chilly, long shadows, and maybe rain tomorrow or Tuesday.

ZsaZsa started a new racing season with a major long drive up to a place called Penn Valley. I mapped out our various rides today. ZsaZsa going to Penn Valley and I heading out through West Sac to the American River bike trail. We woke up at an unspeakable hour to trek the three hours, one way, for the 0.5 hour race. I got dropped off on a exit near the old Lighthouse course in Sacramento. Reed exit. Guess what, there is now a new IKEA at this exit. How funny... ZsaZsa continued to Auburn and then to Grass Valley and finally Penn Valley. I figured I could ride out to the end of the bike path and back in the four hours that it would take to drive and race in PV.

We coordinated pretty good. ZsaZsa called about four hours later, and I was almost back to our meeting spot in OldTown.

As I got in the car, I noticed a certificate. I said "oh, how cool, you got a certificate". ZsaZsa said "no, I won". Not bad for the first outing of the season and one where her arm was sort of twisted into going. ZsaZsa said it wasn't a big deal. But, then about four hours later she asks "do you think anyone took pictures?"

We are celebrating with Rice Krispie treats, non vegan, with real butter. I asked Flandria if she knows of a vegan recipe, but her blog is down until the 2007 racing sesason begins. Frick.

3 Comments:

At 7:33 AM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

marscat really wanted me to include how many people were in the race and that one racer was still in elementary school...but I didn't...

marscat says thanks WD..

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger marscat said...

thanks WD...

and ippoc for printing out the little maps and directions and planning a lovely day....

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger X Bunny said...

woo hoo!

that was just too far to drive for us

uh, wait, we drove too far anyway!

good job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home