Catwonsports

Thursday, April 24, 2008

track is whack

or bring on the beer and top ramen.

I like Tuesday at the track, but that was rained out so we went to yucky Wednesday track. The drive down was horrendous. We left too late and some bozo got in a crash and flipped over causing a huge traffic jam. On this fracked drive down, I was a big baby and marscat was so understanding as I sat in the passenger seat acting like my father re-incarnated. Not a pretty sight when he was alive and definitely not a nice place to revisit in this lifetime.

The only thing I like about Wednesday is there are no juniors sessions before the racing. This usually means you can get a long hour warm-up before your two 8 min races unless you leave late and run into traffic. For endurance training, Wednesday is whack because all the races are short 12 lappers or 10 lappers or 1 lap. I didn't even do the miss & out, since I am usually the first number called out.

The other thing about track that is whack is the racing starts at my bed-time. This means by the time we get home, I should already be deep into my REM sleep, but I'm not and it takes a long time to get sleepy. We have been talking with people and finally found out the trick to getting to sleep after track nights. Alcohol. Yes, a little dab of beer will do you. But, if you eat some food too, this will help bring on the sleepies. Last night I had a craving for some top ramen. Yep, top ramen mixed with green onions, an egg, and spicy kim chi. That did the trick, and for the most part, I fell asleep really fast and slept like a baby. The exception being the few times that I woke up to marscat {redacted}speaking softly to the cats. Turns out Minnie talks a lot at night and knocks things over. He taught Daisy how to wake up marscat so between the both of them, poor little marscat got 2 hours of sleep last night. I kept telling her to get up and go to the frack bed because I can't hear the cats, but I do hear her when she wakes me up {redacted}saying sweeting nothings to Minnie or locking them out of our room. I swear one of these days I am going to find Minnie, Daisy, and the iphone flushed down the toilet.

Marscat had another one of her strange dreams last night. Something about me getting upset with her because she bought me chocolate. There was something happening where I could get $100,000,000.000 from PG&E if SHE SPENT ALL MY MONEY. I was upset because she was buying me chocolate, with her money, and not using my money so we were going to miss out on getting the 100 million dollars. I think another reason that I was mad was because she was buying me lead tainted chocolate from the Russian deli and who wants that!

14 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

uh "screaming" is not quite accurate...

and only the iPhone goes in the toilet...

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

sorry i missed you ladies last night, hopefully next week...if I make it there by 8:30 will you still be there?

and too funny...

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

Uhhh...that was not me being the first to comment on my post, guess you retrieved the right file with the password, maybe this post needs a redacted disclaimer.

MissMary, we usually leave by 8. The 6:30work calls us home early. Last night was really cold. It would not have been fun. But, marscat raced well.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger marscat said...

i liked that it was posted as you...hee-hee.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger EB said...

Our kitties always wake Mr. Man but not me.

Good kitties.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger chatterbox said...

yeah, I was totally bummed to not have the Tuesday thing. It usually finishes in time for me to sneak into bed at a mostly-close-to-normal hour.

I just went out and did some sprint work instead. Hopefully, next Tuesday will not be rained out. BTW, where was this weather when we were in Madera?

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger beth bikes! said...

here is a good way to think about why wednesday night short races are awesome-- it is like one entire road racing/crit season rolled up into one night. (well, with practice with positioning)

if you count the number of times you have a sprint lap (like during a points race), miss 'n out, or any of those other weird races where the bell is rung -- that probably about equals the number of finishes at all the road races/crits combined. that means when practicing positioning, one night at the track = one year of road racing. not bad. it is like tactical practice on fast forward.

that is probably crap logic. but i hope it makes you feel better nonetheless! (that is really what i was going for.)

and i gotta try that drinking thing afterwards. i can never get to sleep.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Velo Bella said...

aw man..I wish I knew you guys were going. Michael bailed on going and so my motivation for attending drifted. I waffled all afternoon about going or not, and then finally decided NOT and did an MTB ride instead. Which was not whacked...so maybe I made the right choice anyway.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

there are benefits to being a heavy sleeper and being deaf(me).

madera madera bring us your warm weather.

beth's reasoning is not whack.

I bet the mtb ride was mas much warmer. See any piggies or other animals? We saw Wilddingo's turkey at Hellyer.

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

Steven went to the track on Tues. all fired up, with his description of whackie trackie races in hand...

I think he won everyone of them.

You know what is really whack? Riding the trainer indoors and trying to sprint.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger jen said...

redacted... ha!

you need the big black felt markers like the cia uses though. that's some serious Redacting right there.

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have some questions:
1. is the miss and out like the in and out?
2. Isn't Top Ramen a banned substance in cycling?
3. When is minnie going to be on the next american idol?
4. Is marscat high?

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

this is all very confusing to me.

and my CAT can climb the stairs to the upper bunk of the FRACK bed now.
sometimes at night, i hear him jumping down.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

did Steven get to ride?

I was going to mark out the words, but I don't know the code and marscat tried but it didn't show up right.

top ramen can be injected legally if you have a T.U.E.

I don't think daisy will learn to climb the stairs to the frack bed, but maybe Minnie will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home