Catwonsports

Friday, July 11, 2008

So I decided


So I decided
Originally uploaded by Ippoc Amic
That with the marriage and everything we ought to have a joint account. Even though my spouse is known to misplace items like ATM cards, wallets, keys, shoes, etc... I gave into better judgment, and together, we applied for a credit card.

The first week of having the card, marscat proudly shows me the card and boasts "I still have it".

The next few weeks there are opportunities for her to use it, but she opts not to. Finally and after just 3 weeks of joint card ownership, I jokingly say "you lost it, huh?"
Of course not, it's just in a different wallet. I want to believe this vs. the thought that it might be lost. I even tell our joint friend Eike this story with the footnote that I believe Erika, and the card is some place in the house.

Today, I'm at the store buying beer, cat food, and other things. They go to ring me up, and the fricking card is declined. I get home, call the bank, and they tell me "Erika's card was found on the streets of San Franciso".

Well, at least, it's not lost anymore. And lucky for us, it wasn't used. Yes, she'll get another joint card.

7 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger marscat said...

okay, i'm a loser...

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

in SF? marscat do you work in SF? how'd it get over there?

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger marscat said...

no we were being gay!

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

marscat said this latest escapade was because of the sleek gey wallet

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger X Bunny said...

punch a hole in it, put a shoelace through it, and tie it around her neck

while you're at it, better do that with the shoes, too

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cycling shoes on the side of the road...credit cards in SF... I'm beginning to think Marscat doesn't "lose" things...she leaves them as breadcrumbs!

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger EB said...

Ha ha...

You're brave. There's no way Mr. Man & I will get any joint anything for a loooooooong time. Our money styles are way too different for that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home