Catwonsports

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Pete

We have a friend, Pete, who we go to for all the answers. If there is a problem with our bikes or our landlord or our cats or any kind of a thing, Pete's the answerman, the "go to guy". I think Pete knows a lot, but I also think we ask him some pretty simple questions too.

Yesterday, ZsaZsa had a race that she almost didn't start. For the last week, she had been having problems with her shoes and the cleats. I hate these cleats, shoes, and pedals. My problem with them was so frustrating that I passed them to her. Hey want some free pedals and shoes? ZsaZsa likes free things so this was an easy way to get rid of those frustrating things.

ZsaZsa was having a really hard time with the shoes yesterday. A few minutes before the race was to begin, she asked the guy for her money back, but instead he tried to help fix her cleats. During the race, the cleats didn't work that great, and the problem was really bad when she had to do run ups or get back on the bike. We jokingly decided that we'd just give the shoes and pedals away to some we didn't like.

After the race, on our long drive home, I called Pete. We would make plans for our Sunday ride and maybe he could come by and take a look at the cleats.

Before the ride today, I decided to raise the saddle on my bike just a tad. Not being a popeye when it comes to strength, I didn't want the seat post bolt to be too loose and have the saddle plunk down during the ride. Well, ping, I broke the bolt.

Luckily, this was the morning Pete was coming by to take a look at the cleat problem. Now, I had another task for him. I hope he didn't mind.

Pete came by, and guess what, he figured out the cleat problem, and he is going to drill out my stuck broken bolt.



Yesterday, ZsaZsa won some grease stuff. That will come in handy with my new bolt and seat post collar. Funny how things work out. And see, Pete is the answerman, but maybe we should try some harder problems next time.

10 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Blogger marscat said...

you were right to call pete...right again.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

how is pete with auto electrical systems?

and will he accept bike tires as payment?

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

ok ... aside from worth of the giggles given by the transposed froggie cleats ... any chance we can get you off of those buggers?

terrible for cross ... get all gunked up faster than you can blow a snot-rocket.

there's a bunch of TIME ATACs sitting over here available...

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger marscat said...

Pab: Pete's an electrician and a bike racer...we usually pay him in Pete's coffee.

OV: yes, HATE those mfing frogs...Pete's
gonna let me borrow some of his TIME pedals and cleats...thanks for the offer, tho.

Should I be responding to comments made to
IPPOC's blog?

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

is it poaching?

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

comment poaching...
I don't care at least I'm getting comments...how sad is that :-(

we'll be there this weekend...one of us lounging and the other racing with cleats situated correctly on her feet...hopefully the feet will be in the right direction too

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger marscat said...

depends on the drinkin...

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger marscat said...

at least I'm getting comments...how sad is that :-(


violins!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Velo Bella said...

This is a comment

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

thanks...lots of comments...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home