Catwonsports

Thursday, November 30, 2006

what keeps me up at night

I could write this long post about how lousy I feel and complain about how I am stressing out over my training. Needless to say, my RA is acting up, and it makes me nervous. I think about how hobbled over some people are and how they just sit in the house and look out the window. I remember my aunt’s disfigured fingers and her scribbly handwriting. My fingers aren’t all knotted up yet, but my writing sure looks awful. It’s a bit embarrassing, but at this point I don’t really care. Thank goodness for computers.

I am a fretter. I could fret about where I’ll be in ten or fifteen years, and how abled/disabled I’ll be. But, that is just future tripping, and it doesn’t do a lot of good. One time, I fretted about our airplane seats. I spent days thinking about our seats and trying to get better ones on the aisle. After a few weeks, we had the perfect seats. I was so happy. A ten+ hour flight, and we had pretty good seats. However, when we got to the airport, we found out that our flight had been cancelled, and we were scheduled for a completely different plane with completely different seats. So much for all that fretting.

In a small way, I try and take this story to heart every day that I feel bad, can’t ride my bike, can’t put my hair in a stupid little pony tail, or start worrying about what will start hurting next. I realize that maybe I will feel worse, maybe I’ll have to stop racing because I can’t train hard enough not to get dropped by everybody and their mother. But, I know that worrying, fretting, feeling sorry for myself, and being cranky to my dear ZsaZsa won’t make anything better.

So, I try to remind myself of how it was the day at the airport and how after anticipating good seats, after fretting about them for so long and all the future tripping, it was all for nothing. Events in life can change so quickly regardless of your efforts. I try to stay thankful and appreciate the good of the moment. I try to remind myself of all the wonderful things that I’ve experienced, all the supportive people that I know, my best kitties, and of course my dear loving partner who wants me to share more about how I feel. I try to enjoy each day for what it is and what I have. What I have is a lot. But sometimes, actually a lot of times, I just want more. So instead of writing about what I want to be different, what I worry about, and what keeps me up at night, I’ll post this video. This is a new thing that has started to keep me and ZsaZsa up at night. But, this is a good thing. And, I will try and remember to be thankful for the good things in life since I do believe there is a lot of good out there. It's just a matter of perspective.

13 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger X Bunny said...

i'll watch your video when i get home from work

but,

maybe a short trial of that med is in order just to see....

although maybe you don't need it until you need me to help you change a tire instead of the other way around

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

thanks bunny...i think you are right...starting in January I'll try the new meds...i was just sucking it up trying to impress you with my tire changing skills...

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but didn't we end up on a direct fight to Paris that time?

i understand, i do.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

in awe.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

Marsey - you're right, it was actually better than all I fretted about...

OV-thanks.....

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's good that you can see it.

i don't think many people realize they fret or worry or even do half the things they do - or they choose to ignore it.

and that you remind yourself.

i need someone to fret for me.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

Lauren - yes, and it sure takes a lot of reminding...

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I had no clue. Sounds like you are doing the best you can and are appreciative of all you have. Who knows? Maybe the future has a cure for RA...I have worked with a few clients who have RA and overall exercise was helpful. (Obviously not while experiencing flare ups or should I say flair ups? :)

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

i think everyone has UFS to some degree (Useless Fretting Syndrome).

Lauren is right, being aware of it is half the battle.

kitties help too....

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I have no words of wisdom. But I know you're a strong woman. My father had RA and I know the struggles you face. I used to cut out magazine articles about "cures" on the horizon, but I guess they're still on the horizon since none of them are in use a decade later. Just keep moving -- it'll have to catch you!!!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

Dingo blingo & PAB - kitties take my mind off all that is worrisome... kitties and wine that is...

Dingo-but what bad language-kitties don't use the b word and Minnie is an equal opportunity lover -he makes love to inantimate objects like bread or scones or mouse ears...

VG-my step mom sends me stuff too, I think it's very sweet...

Sinatra-flair ups that sounds much better than a flare up...better perspective

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Velo Bella said...

ikea kitties!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

VB - kitties love their new toy and beg us to go back to IKEA and buy more presents

 

Post a Comment

<< Home