Catwonsports

Friday, October 13, 2006

a day at the office

Perks from my job…
A few weeks ago, Hernando posted some photos of his workday in SF. I went through my work photos and found some that were suitable for blogger. These are a few of the lovely creatures that make my day interesting.

This is Dobbie whose real name is not Dobbie but Stanley. Dobbie is not a work cat**. He is our neighbor.

Another neighbor.
A work cat.
This is a work cat or it could be a good image of what marscat looked like after she had been racing with her back wheel rubbing.
This is the sister/brother of the little cat above.

Work cat on a hot non-tin roof.

zoom...up close and personal.
A work cat who was scared of me. He pawsed (paused) just a second so I could snap his photo for blogger.
Scared cat’s neighbor who was not scared of me. Lots of my work cats have dirty little noses and faces.
A lounging work dog in need of a hairband or a scunci.
Yes, I did see these work zebras, but I forgot where. They were probably in Pinole.

This work llama is in Pinole too, but we have yet to see them during the Pinole Team Time trial or the Berkeley Hills road race.

This was a really cool sight. The big geese were protecting the little work gosling from me. I was trying to take a picture, and they kept getting between me and the baby.
Here is a video with some other creatures who happened to be working the same day that I was. Lucky things, they get to eat on the job.

And no pictorial essay would be complete without photos of our cats.
I made a t-shirt of marscat for zsazsa. This is marscat in her marscat t-shirt.
A thought I had that other day was about people wearing shirts with photos of their animals or other animal things on them. What would it be like if an animal had a little outfit with their guardian(as we are called in Berkeley) plastered on it? Pumpkin is marscat’s mom’s dog. She doesn’t have much fur and gets chilled in the fall and winter. When it is cold outside, Pumpkin usually wears a jumper-the English version of a sweater. So, thinking about all these things, I materialized my weird thought and ordered a t-shirt from shutterfly for marscat’s mum’s pup Pumpkin. Here is the t-shirt modeled by marscat’s hot water bottle-another British thing. We will give Pumpkin her t-shirt one of the days. Hope the mum is okay with it.

**work animals = animals spotted during the work day

3 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger marscat said...

Kitties galore!

but that t-shirt with my mother's face on it...well, it's freakin me out.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

ZZ..I could have made a t-shirt for you with your mom's face on it...

WD...good because you called Daisy a flavor...

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

this post makes me happy.

and i need it because i'm sore everywhere but my hair right now.


... no wait, that's sore, too.

stupid bellacross.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home