Catwonsports

Friday, April 20, 2007

bring it on...

I don't want to do prep for tomorrow's road race in Livermore. Today, I feel like hanging out and relaxing. But, Wente is a hard road race, and I feel like I need to do prep. I am a bit afraid that if I don't do it then I will do worse in the race than I am already expecting to do. This race was my first ever attempt at bike racing and that was in 1988. I was under 30, what a longtime ago. It was such a wonderful experience that I gave up the idea of bike racing for 7 years. Ten years later in 1998, I raced Wente again. Despite my history with Wente, the funny thing is, I am looking forward to the race tomorrow. Crazy huh? It must be the Bellas.

Here is some good reading from a literate lamb. A second installment.

And here Miss Mary has a really good account of our yearly race down in Monterey. I loved this report because Sea Otter has always been a hard race for me. I raced the circuit race years ago and raced the road race a few times too. Miss Mary's report made me feel like I could have done more. Instead of racing this year, Marscat and I worked at the Velo Bella booth. It was a wonderful place to be for lots of reason. One, it was dry. Two, the company was really fun. Three, there were lots of people that I wanted to see and did as they walked past the booth: Lauren and her family and a wet Panda. But what I meant by doing more was that Miss Mary is the best at taking care of all us racers. She brings food and drinks, etc... I look forward to volunteering because I know Miss Mary is there and we will be taken care of. She makes a mean teryiaki chicken. But, Miss Mary raced at Sea Otter this year, and I just think, why didn't I bring something for her like she does for us? I know that wasn't what her post was all about, but I wish I could have been there with something other than fresh mint and a mojito.

9 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger marscat said...

see what prep can do!

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger X Bunny said...

nice racing out there!!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger elis said...

Wow, this Alex guy really likes you...

I saw the results from Saturday -- great job on a really tough course!

I think prep is overrated, unless it's some form of carb loading :).

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just saw this...

thank you. I was a bit dead in the head & body saturday and coudln't really comprehend or enjoy all the company around. it kinda sucked that I had to make my own recovery drink, but your mojitos made up for that!!!!!

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

you gotta dump this alex person.

prep? you're suposed to prep?

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

alex really gets around.



and sistah, that was one helluva ride on Saturday.


yippeeskippy!!!

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

well superstious little me did do prep even though I didn't want to...and now I have to keep doing prep cus' I'm too anxious not to...

Bunny, Panda, & OV-thanks I had a fun time on Saturday...we were cooked on sunday...maybe that's why it took so long to pump up a silly flat tire and miss watching the races

MM-mojitos are good recoveritas

Lauren & OV-any ideas on how to dump?

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

dump him...

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

ippoc, i think if when you're logged in, you should be able to delete comments.

whenever i get a spam comment (i think only 2 so far), i just delete it. then it'll ask something like do you want delete this forever? and you should click yes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home