Catwonsports

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Houston...

this non-aerodynamic time trailing missle is ready to go home.

Despite being in Fresno for five days doing a work thingie, at least, I was able to ride four times this week. I only fell down once. Silly reason which is a little complusive sounding. I did a turn on the bike path one direction and told myself that I could turn the other way too. And, I can. Just this time, I messed up and fell over. I also did a little power exercise of 3 sets of 10, 5-55s, and I rode when the temperature was triple digits...sort of like the elasped time of my time trial.

I went out today around 1622 (work time talk). I went out to ride because the t.v. said it was only 99. I wasn't going out if it was 100 so 99 meant that I could still ride. It was either that or having a margarita before 1700 hours. I thought I should wait on the margarita.

It was really pretty hot, and I started thinking that maybe it was too hot. Perhaps, I was getting overheated. As a I waited at a stop signal, I could feel the pounding and pulsing in my head. I remember someone saying that was not a good thing. I kept feeling hotter and hotter, and I thought that collapsing on a bike path would be really embarasing so I turned to go back to the hotel after just 22 minutes. As I got close to the hotel, I decided to keep riding. As it turned out, I rode for an hour, and I was pretty happy to make it back to the hotel in one piece. When I turned the t.v. on, it was 102. Cool, I am not a wimp. It really was hot out today. This definitely deserved a maragrita.

I found out that the reason the margaritas are so cheap here, $5.79 or 6.25 including tax, is because it is happy hour.

7 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

a margarita before 1700...never stopped us before

(me as you)

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

i'll drink to that

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I like that military time thingie. So when I have a margarita at 1400, it doesnt sound so lushy

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Oh yeah, and I love the jackets. The pockets make me happy!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger marscat said...

"This definitely deserved a maragrita."

no more for you

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

marsey-don't give away our secrets and this post was written after that happy hour margarita...

OV-ok, me too, except its 1530

VB-that's true, makes it seem like the drinking is done at a nice respectable time of day

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Denise said...

Next time you're in Fresno for a few days, call me. I'll take you on some great rides.

It's not too hot this month, the heat'll kick in around the end of July. Training in 110 degrees is good for the soul.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home