Catwonsports

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

what's next???








Yesterday, I was a bit more disappointed than a 47 year old mildly intelligent woman should have been when I heard that Vino and Astana had quit the Tour. When I read David Millar's press report that he broke down in tears, I shed a little tear myself. During the day as I thought about the whole thing, I felt little tears welling up again. We all knew that Vino's performances were beyond words. They were exciting feats, but they stood out too much. Why was I sad when he got kicked out? I guess because it seemed that he knowingly raised his arms and saluted the crowd as they cheered him on to victory. He stood on the podium and showed us how proud he was to win. I was sad because in a naive way, I trusted him as a winner. How stupid is that? I believed that all those silly riders signing that silly statement on doping was real, sort of. And finally and most importantly, all these guys really screwed up my tour de france game choices.

7 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger X Bunny said...

for me, it was when tyler got popped.

i don't know of anyone who read his essay on his dog, tugboat, who didn't cry

and i didn't believe he doped for a long time because of that.....but eventually i came to believe that he probably did

and i really haven't trusted any of these guys since

and i really don't care that much about what they do

except when it screws up our tour de france games!!

on the other hand, maybe i'll get some points because no one else will be left in the tour....

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Is this a bonus question?

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

VB-funny girl...

Bunny-that may happen yet...p.s. I really liked Tugboat...

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Lilly Bella said...

they should have more cycling on tv, not less

having the once a year viewing pleasure of the tour puts cycling in a skewed and screwed up light. If they would televise more racing where the dope isn't the main character it wouldn't feel so bad. We wouldn't have to wait a year for a spectacular race and then be dissappointed with dope drama.

I must say I booed with the crowds when the chicken won today, because there is no explanation good enough to miss your seasonal tests, and when he got pulled I say better later than never. I'm happy they choked the chicken.

with Vino I was saddened, I wanted to believe he was better than that, he was well respected. He seemed to be a man that raced with honor...

It took me a long time to believe that Tyler doped too, he came across as a genuine truthful nice guy. But even he took up fundraisers for his defense using other people's faith and money. That is just a Ham scam.

lets play a new game because I got shut out of the last one

I want the dirty sock and 7 pennies.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

Lilybella-you are right about the cycling on tv, and I can only hope the average Vs. viewer doesn't equate cycling with WWF or baseball...I'd start a new game, but I'm low on energy...we are now watching "The Hills Have Eyes, pt 2"...it is so bad...I'm gonna go read my Harry Potter book

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's interesting how the UCI really put this to the TDF...it's a stupid power play

Vino made a big mistake going to Ferrari this time around...

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

flandria-he was copying Lance but with horrible results..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home