Catwonsports

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

no E Coli here



My first job was at Taco Bell when I was about 16 years old. My dad used to eat lunch at the Taco Bell near his job. He also ate at the Der Wienersnitzel(which is probably spelled wrong and it won't google), McDonalds, Orange Julius, Arbys, and other unhealthy fast food joints. I got the job because the woman at the Taco Bell was being nice to my dad.

I was a pretty bad fast food worker. I was really slow. I made lousy tacos, burritos, supreme burritos, blah blah blah. One day, I was feeling a bit sick from my monthly cramps and from the smell of grease frying at 10am. Someone had grated a bunch of cheese and all the containers of food were prepped for the lunch time crowd. For some reason, there was some dry dishwashing detergent near all this food. I wasn't paying attention because I wasn't feeling so great, and I knocked all of the powdered detergent in the freshly grated cheese plus all the other little containers of food like onions, tomatoes, lettuce, etc... I was so mortified. I didn't know what to do so I went to the bathroom and just sat on the toilet feeling embarrased as well as sick. I got to go home early that day.

The next day as I was getting ready for work, I sort of said to my dad that I didn't really want to go back to Taco Bell. My dad told me that it was ok, and that I never had to go back again. I asked if I had been fired, and he replied "yes, you were just too slow and then you spilled all that detergent in the cheese".

About a week later, I got my first paycheck from the days that I had worked at Taco Bell. I don't think it was much since I was there for just three days.

It took years to go back and eat at a Taco Bell. That was probably a good thing.

14 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too slow for fast food...quite an accomplisment.

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

marscat ... we're all pitchin' in on a spellchecker for you.


... and i smell a bunch of "how i messed up work" comments!

i'll start:

one time in band camp ...

oh, wait.


i used to work landscape - and, was given the reins to a giant sized backhoe to do some excavation.

... talk about poor judgment all the way around.

i took out a water main. like cuttin through butter.

so much fun.


now you're turn!

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ov, that's funny...

mine...i was hired as an au pair (nanny, slave) in france. first day at the house the old lady i was to live with before we moved to the south asked if i had any clothes to wash. sure i did. i handed over my jeans, etc then went out with her grand-daughter to monmarte to drink gin et toneeecs.

came home and discovered my black jeans turned all her clothes black...she was practically sobbing over them. lots of mon dieu-ing.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

i went to band camp...oh, that's a confession...

at least the backhoe didn't cut through something like a gas line...

and wasn't someone a der weiner dog...

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

does a messing up at work story count if you sort of did it on purpose out of spite??

 
At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pab, i think that counts.

i have a good quitting story about spite.

i used to work in a coffee shop in college, with a mean boss who never really worked. he'd stand around smoking and drinking his espresso all day. he hired young college kids and paid them under the table.

one day it was super busy and i was the only one there making latte's and cappucinos and what not. there was a line of like 20 people. i hadn't had a break in hours and i was tired and cranky and there he was laughing and chatting over in the corner with some other dork.

so i made a nice tall latte, luke warm, took it over to him with the key to the store - threw the key at his feet, told him i was quitting and while he was bending over to get the key, i dumped the entire latte on his head.

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

ooh lauren...that is good one...

PAB maybe it counts...got a good one to share?

 
At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my lauren...and then did you run very fast?

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I worked at a McDonalds for almost 2 years. (it might have been much shorter, but it seemed like 2 years)

This blog isn't big enough for the stories.

But I wish I did the Lauren Latte spill when I finally left.

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i actually walked out very slowly, past all the customers in line - with a big smile on my face. then i went home and went back to bed, (which had a cute boyfriend in it at the time).

ah, to be young and sassy again.

vb: i imagine you've got some really good mcdonald stories. do tell!

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I worked at a Taco Bell as a teen cause I considered it the 'elite' of fast foods. The fryers were weird. In Fresno, on the corner of Kings Canyon and Clovis.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger X Bunny said...

i almost worked at mcdonald's

i got hired but couldn't get myself to put the uniform on so never made it in...

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger EB said...

Ippoc, I went to band camp, too. In fact, I also taught at band camp.

I wish I had a latte story...I think my biggest fox pox is the time I walked in on my boss in the bathroom (she didn't close the door and was talking to her dog, how was I supposed to know?). Within a year I had also walked in on her grown daughter. I hated that bathroom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home