Catwonsports

Friday, June 29, 2007

Simoni?....what the #@!#$ is he on...




I am a little weirdo no more denying this sad little fact. When I was 13, I was the official score keeper for our junior high teams: basketball, football, baseball. You name it; I kept the score for it, except when I was playing. When I went on to high school, I kept score of every single baseball game from the Dodger's 1974 season. I like the numbers. Even now, so many decades later, I read with enthusiasm most of the box scores in the sport pages.

And I like to check out the photos. When I look through my cycling mags, I like to look at the cycling photos for all sorts of reasons. I like to check out the details. And, I found a really good one today. Actually, I've seen it for the past two weeks and really focused on it today. After the mojito and Honig.

Since the Velo Bellas are racing on SRAM components this year, I've noticed all the advertising of the other teams that are also on SRAM. Besides a few of the local teams, there is a pretty big Pro Tour team on SRAM this year. In fact, one rider won the coveted Mt. Zoncolon stage of the 2007 Giro while riding with "SRAM" components.

But from these highly publicized pictues, I wonder...what was he on? Any guesses? A Campy super light weight downtube shifter and odd sized chain ring that SRAM doesn't make? Perhaps, he has a super light non production SRAM Force shifter with super light big and small chain rings? Maybe SRAM Red without the red colors? What about Piepoli? Just one light shifter and special big chain ring for him? And, it doesn't show so great, but what about Ricco? He's definitely showing the SRAM Force on both shifters?

6 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger marscat said...

we are so different....I'm still stuck on why they have that little yellow point on in their pee-pee area.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger marscat said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

and he looks to be in a skinsuit

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Chris said...

I know the new SRAM prototypes that SD has been running have metallic levers.

http://neilroad.blogspot.com/2007/05/now-i-can-die-happy.html

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger MarvinK said...

This should remove any questions about the levers:

http://roadmag.blogspot.com/2007/07/sram-red-group-brake-calipers.html

Don't know about the chainrings...

Here's some more polished pictures of the Red stuff:


http://www.light-bikes.de/eng/2007/06/29/sram-red/

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

you little weirdo, you.

i love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home