Catwonsports

Sunday, December 24, 2006

late assignments & happy birthday WD



We have no tree this year. I don't feel great about getting them, and the only reason I do is because Minnie likes them. This is an old picture, but it's the only holiday picture that I have to post.

Here is my completed assignment about 5 things that are not known about me.
1. When I was 15, I sent a birthday present to Elton John. He never wrote back so I never sent anymore presents. I was also a member of the Elton John fan club.

2. I once pretended that I was someone else. It was during the Dunlap ITT in Davis. This particular year was super windy. A bike got blown off a car rack and crashed into the side window of he car. One fellow quit since he brought a fixed gear. Karen Kurreck went out in her small chair ring. It was so windy and noisy that I had to distract myself. I imagined that I was Karen Kurreck, and I was cutting through the wind and riding very fast.

3. If I am not having fun in a race, I like to give my bike away. During Wards Ferry the only year that I raced it, I saw Adam Switters walking his bike. I knew he was too tall for my bike so I tried to give him a wheel. He had broken a derailer thingy so I ended up keeping my wheel. Another time, I saw Bunny walking her bike during the Madera ITT. She had a flat, and I tried to give her my bike. But, she graciously declined my offer. Another time, during one of the many Kerns, Marscat had a mechanical and her wheel came out of the dropout. Since she was doing much better than I was and we couldn't get the wheel back in fast enough, I gave her my bike so she could stay with the group. When I finished the race, the officials ran over to me and told me that she had won the stage. Pretty cool.

4. I won a prime once. I think I have only won one or two. I was off the front and very excited to stay away. It was sort of easy to stay away since it was the Visalia crit which had a lot of corners and one person could go faster than the group. Also, Debbie Allen and a few other NorCal riders were in the field and were kind enough not to chase. I won a timex watch. I gave it it marscat as a present.

5. Sometimes, I make extra room on my side of the bed so Minnie can stretch out. I get in trouble for this when someone else is scrunched into 1/4 of the bed, and I have my 1/2 plus the empty 1/4 that is being saved for Minnie.

And last but not least, Happy Birthday Wild Dingo. I think the kitties have eaten your cake.

9 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#3.i believe you were having fun on that flat stage when you offered up your bike to me...very generous...and that's what made me try so hard to get back on

#5...no more.

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and happy b-day wild dingo...

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love those! i like that Marscat did so well after you gave her your bike.

i used to listen to "benny and the jets" over and over and over again when i was around 10 or so.

what did you send him for his birthday?

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! giving up your bike is cool...

happy b-day wd, sure miss your enthusiasm and great spirit the time we raced together - take care!

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger EB said...

#3 is very cool. And I do #5, too, when I'm not getting pinned to the bed by little Merckxie laying on my ankles.

I think that Mr. Man and I saw you on Skyline today, but a car pulled out in front of you (and briefly in front of us as he crossed the road), so I didn't want to add to the chaos by reintroducing myself. I hope you had a good ride.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

marsey, yes it was fun but windy as heck on my own...

lauren-that is a secret because it was embarassing enough to send it...ok, a personalized license frame(american car size)...

WD...it's a good thing i don't have photos of you; otherwise, there would be a montage of wild dingos...oops... i think i might have one...

flandria-yea, i imagine being a pro-domestic and they do it all the time...

bb elf-i wondered if that was you. I had already seen some meteteromints earlier. Yes, that guy had pulled out in front of me, then came to a very near stop, and a good thing i didn't go around cus' he made a u turn...yikes...i'm sure glad I wasn't cussing-just the hand gesture...

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger X Bunny said...

i will always remember you trying to give me your bike

we had never met
we had different pedals
and while i totally appreciated what this crazy person was trying to do, you only had 500 meters to go!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

our kitty lays smack dab between us on the bed.

i get 1/4 of the bed, sabine get's 1/4 ... and kiki takes the middle half.


seems fair.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger EB said...

I am totally embarassed (and have new respect for my apparent level fatigue), because not only had you already been tagged when I tagged you but I had commented on your post...how much longer 'til the weekend?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home