Catwonsports

Friday, January 12, 2007

Giant Pandas

My trip to LA was really fun and very much worthwile. It is not often that you can make up for a blunder and have it all turn out better. Missing the Christmas gathering was a bummer, but being able to make it up yesterday was very nice.

Faye was really surprised when she saw me. I called her on the cell phone when I was outside her backdoor. The last thing that I wanted to do was scare her and cause her to have a heart attack. She was very happy to see me. In fact, so happy that she dropped her pants on the foor. When I called, she was stepping out of the shower, just put on her nighty, and the phone had rung. In a rush to get to the phone, she just dropped her her pants and left them on the floor. That was an odd sight. But, at least no heart attack.

When I left to catch the plane back home, Faye told me to "come and surprise me again". I think that I will.

On the JetBlue flght home, I watched their Directv programming. There are 36 channels of satellite tv in every seat. It is pretty cool and a nice way to spend the time flying home. On the way down, I watched "Dodgeball" for about the 6th time. On the way home, I watched the Animal Planet's Giant Panda special. The first part of the show was all about the little Panda Tai Shan that was born July 2005. And, the second part was about Panda mom - Mei Xiang and pop - Tian Tian's flight from China to the US. Pretty cute creatures. They are almost as cute as our cats.


Pics from the Smithstonian National Zoological Park

11 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger marscat said...

faye is kinda a giant panda...

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

humm, ya think so?

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sooo cute panda!

that's a funny story about dropping pants, I laughed so hard I almost pee'd on my pants.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger EB said...

I had to re-read the pants part again after the first mention...too funny...

Beware the midair Animal Planet -- they tricked me! I got sucked into a story that started out really sweet and ended horribly on my last flight, and learned that the last thing anyone wants is a person sobbing at that elevation.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger ~ lauren said...

wow! you went and came back already? sounds like it was a nice trip.

pants and pandas.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Nrjetik1 said...

welcome back...come to think of it, Marscat is on to something. Faye DOES resemble a giant Panda. :)

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

flandria-after it was all over, Faye thought that was funny too - dropping her pants

panda-ooh, there used to be a sad elephant show - but the pandas had happy ending

lauren-yes, very short stay

sinatra-good to back-I think Daisy looks like a panda too-round but short little legs

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Velo Bella said...

I agree about the PandaFaye
I hope thats okay

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I once took a trip to DC to see the new new panda when they were re-modeling the zoo for it.

except I got there during the re-model-i was 3 weeks too early.

and that was the main reason of my trip.

i finally got to see them when I went to the bejing zoo.

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger shawnkielty said...

Iam way confused -- who's dropping who's pants?
--

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger shawnkielty said...

I am the walrus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home