Catwonsports

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

they are still around



We went out tonight and one of us had a bowl full of shrimp. I had a burger. 1/2 a burger actually. We are on our Kern taper. This is when we try and pretend we are dieting, less wine, mojitos, deep friend thin sliced potatoes fom Cesar's, etc...

I have a pretty narrow choice of things that I like to eat. In terms of protein, I unfortunately eat pork and red meat. I'm not at all fond of fish or seafood. And certainly not shrimp. I'm not sure when I stopped liking fish, but I really don't think I ever liked it. But, I know when I was turned off shrimp.

And here is the reason. When I was in elementary school, I bought some of these creatures from an ad in a comic book. They arrived in the mail, and I followed the enclosed directions. A few days later, a crop of weird little floaty things appeared. I was disappointed because the ad in the comic book said you could teach them tricks. Mine never learned tricks and they weren't as cute as the advertisement.

A month or so later, there was a lightning storm outside and my bowl of sea monkeys were sitting near a window. The next morning, all of them were dead. It was really sad. A bowl full of clear looking bodies with little beady black eyes all sitting lifelessly at the bottom. It was sort of gross so I just left the bowl there and didn't clean it up right away. But the weirdest thing was that after a few weeks, a brand new crop came back to life.

From then on, I thought they were pretty weird. Years later, I learned they were brine shrimp. And, this is why I don't eat shrimp.


7 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fish fryer

you velly velly bad lady

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger X Bunny said...

i like to pretend i am a brine shrimp

that doesn't sound right

i can do a silly brine shrimp imitation for you...

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger shawnkielty said...

That's no reason not to find a way to eat the cocktail sauce though.

 
At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can do a sea monkey imitation for you.

 
At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

weird creatures...

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Ippoc Amic said...

marsey-not me the storm

bunny-ok next time i see you i want to see a brine shrimp xbunny

sk-not cocktail sauce - olive oil

lauren-a sea monkey imitation - i gotta see it

flandria-one of the weirdest things out there especially dead...

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger gwadzilla said...

I never had sea monkeys

I never had a big wheel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home